What & When
- Which calendar should the Sikhs use?
- Which ethnic peoples have their own calendar?
- Gurbani and Nanakshahi Calendar (research paper)
- Addressing the Controversy
- Timeline and Evolution
- How was the new 1999 Nanakshahi Calendar publicized and what feedback did it have? (How was general feedback and opinion obtained from the sangat?)
- Who are the participants and contributors to the Nanakshahi Jantri (Calendar)?
Why and How
- The Bikrami calendar is not true to Gurbani
- Is the name Nanakshahi obsolete?
- Why is the Nanakshahi Calendar needed?
- Sikhs do not have their own country, why do they need their own calendar?
- How has the Nanakshahi calendar fixed these dates?
- A balanced perspective
Nanakshahi and Other Calendars – The Differences
- Nanakshahi vs. Bikrami Calendars
- Nanakshahi vs. CR and Georgian Calendars
- Is Mool Nanakshahi Calendar a copy of the CE or the Georgian calendar?
- Why shouldn’t we then adopt the Common Era calendar which is in use throughout the world?
Guru’s Birthday and Festivals
- Should we celebrate Sikh Guru’s birthdays?
- When was Guru Nanak Born?
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Vaisakhi and Sahebzades
- What is the Shaheedi date of elder and younger Sahibzadas?
- Since all the past authors have reckoned the 30th March 1699 why to go on sticking to Vaisakhi Day on 13/14th April?” (Re: Vaisakhi 1756 BK – 1699 Julian)
- Bandhi Chhor Diwas,
- Holla Mohalla, Diwali, Holi
The frequently asked questions based on these answers and the data behind the evidence are based on published papers, evidence, and research by thought leaders, subject matter experts, historians and scholars in the field. See additionalPal Singh Purewal’s responses to Interview with Indian Express|Gurmit Singh |Mr. Lamba|Tara Singh| Harcharan Singh